Housekeeping Assistants are required for Curam Care Homes, Navan Road, Dublin
Our multidisciplinary team provides a range of specialist care services including care of the older person, the younger person with a disability, people with Dementia/Alzheimer’s and step-down care, convalescence, and rehabilitation care services.
The role of the Laundry & Housekeeping Assistant is to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are provided throughout and to ensure policies and procedures in all aspects of hygiene are adhered to. The assistant will assess, plan, implement and evaluate hygiene and cleanliness to the highest professional standards and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor stock levels of all equipment and supplies
- Keeps checklists updated and works closely with the Director of Nursing to ensure the smooth day to day operations of the Housekeeping and Laundry department.
- Ensures residents rooms are clean and tidy to a very high standard.
- Ensure that all work is carried out while ensuring resident safety
- Practice and ensure that infection control guidelines are adhered to at all times and being practiced by employees
- Work cooperatively and communicate with members of the multidisciplinary team
- Ensures that all incidents are reported to the Director of Nursing
- Be professional, friendly and approachable in all interactions with residents, visitors and staff
- Liaise with DON/ADON/CNM regarding new admissions and ensure residents clothes are labelled.
- Contribute to ongoing monitoring, audit and evaluation of the service as appropriate
- Participate in staff, resident and departmental meetings as scheduled by Director of Nursing
- Collect washing from and remove to Laundry on a regular basis in compliance with infection control policies.
- Separate whites, colours, woolens, towels etc. and launder at the appropriate temperature.
- Ensure resident’s clothing is washed at the labeled temperature, ironed and folded.
- All bedding must be ironed, towels and face cloths folded and put neatly into the allocated space
- Ensure residents clothing is correctly identified and labeled to guard against loss.
- Deliver residents clothing to the appropriate resident ensuring they neatly put away.
- Ensure wardrobes and chests of drawers are kept tidy
- Ensure the laundry room is clean and tidy.
- On a daily basis: wash down washers, dryers and laundry bags; clean lint trays / vents; mop floors
Health and Safety:
- Understand, and promote safe working practice within the Home in relation to the Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Infection Control Policies in order to prevent cross contamination.
- Report immediately to the Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or any accident / near miss incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
- Report to the maintenance department, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard. · Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned and well maintained
Education, Training & Development
- Take responsibility for own competency and learning and development needs and actively contribute to the learning and development of the housekeeping and laundry department.
- Complete all mandatory training as deemed necessary by the Director of Nursing.
- Participate in performance evaluation / review with their line manager, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- Participate in the workplace induction of all new domestic assistants.
Qualifications, Experience & Abilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of cleanliness when dealing with residents.
- Ability to make important decisions quickly.
- Converse with all staff, patients and families in a lucid and professional and friendly manner.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect.
- To act consistently and in line with the culture within Curam Care Home Navan Road.
- Pleasant and caring manner.
- Flexible and team-player.
Candidates must demonstrate depth and breadth of experience to be a successful member of the Housekeeping and Laundry Team.
Hourly Salary payscale in place which rewards experience.
Please email your applications to: [email protected]