Respite services are available to support an individual’s ability to live longer in the community by ensuring family/other caregivers are supported.
All Curam Care Homes maintain respite care facilities based on bedroom availability. Access to respite care services is based on the need for temporary relief and the availability of facility resources.
A multidisciplinary team, consisting of Curam Care Homes Professionals, the individual and their caregiver, the attending physician and facility staff, provide:
- assessment and referral services
- nursing care and a person focused care plan
- resident and caregiver support
- self-care, health promotion, and prevention of illness or injury
- recreation and socialisation opportunities
- nutrition, laundry and housekeeping services
- as well as medical services in collaboration with our care home physician.