- Our Team
- Buildings and Gardens
Creating a home is at the heart of what we do
Located in the Janeville Estate and close to Shannon Park roundabout Curam Care Home Carrigaline is a new, purpose built luxury nursing home.
With modern facilities, a landscaped garden, and a wide range of services and recreational activities, Curam Care Home Carrigaline offers exceptional care in a haven of tranquility.
Make your home with us in Curram Care Home Carrigaline, Cork.
Download our Brochure
Welcome Message from our Director of Nursing, Emma Moynihan
Welcome to Curam Care Home, Carrigaline. We extend our warmest greetings to our residents and to their families and friends. Discover a compassionate, empathetic and caring environment where your wellbeing is our top priority and fundamental to everything we do. Explore our brochure to find out more about our exceptional care services and comfortable living accommodations. Your family is now part of ours and we’re here to provide the utmost care and support.
Director of Nursing, Emma Moynihan
Director of Nursing
Emma is a qualified Mental Health Nurse. Emma has a Diploma in Health Services management and Certificate in Essential Palliative Care
Nursing Home: Curam Care Home Carrigaline
Nursing Home Address: Janeville, Carrigaline, Co. Cork,
Emma’s passion for the provision of meaningful residential care began early in her career when she worked within residential Intellectual Disability services. It was here that she learned how integral person-centred care is to the quality of life and wellbeing of residents. After returning to University to study Mental health Nursing, Emma developed a keen interest in dementia care which resulted in her pursuing a career in older persons residential care. Emma has worked in several nursing homes throughout the country where she has held senior management roles.
Emma leads by example and strives to ensure that a high quality of care is delivered to all of our residents. Emma strongly believes that if residents feel safe, happy and occupied in their environment, they will then feel content and at home.
Facilities and Gardens
- 111 spacious single ensuite rooms over three floors
- Each floor has its own sitting and dining rooms
- Choice of Sitting Areas ranging from private and quiet to lively and active
- Visitors room
- State of the Art kitchen
- IT Facilities and Internet Access
- Privately enclosed landscaped garden
- Hairdressing Salon with visiting hairdresser
Each bedroom features:
- Nurse call facility linked to Nurses Station
- Ensuites with Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Flat Screen TV
- Telephone points
We would encourage all residents to bring whatever personal touches from home that make their room feel like their home eg pictures, ornaments etc.
In Curam Care Homes, we listen to our residents and are constantly striving to provide the widest possible selection of services based on what they tell us.
Some of the services we provide in Curam Care Home Carrigaline are as follows:
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- Full Medical Care with On Call GP Services
- Physiotherapist services
- Occupational Therapy services
- Activity Programs with our own Activities Teams
- Alternative Therapies such as Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology
- Religious Services
We are very fortunate in Curam Care Homes to have a specific Activities Coordinator in each home who works in collaboration with our Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapists to share ideas and produce comprehensive and holistic activity programmes that are tailored to be engaging and stimulating for our residents.
Our ethos is to encourage residents to do as much as they would like and are able to do for as long as that is possible.
Activity and Social Program:
All activities are matched to the level of ability of our residents using our Key to Me Assessment
- Entertainment – Music sessions with professional performers and local musicians, bingo, cards, board games, movie afternoons, sing-a-longs, residents choir, pub night
- Therapies – Life story books, reminiscence therapy, Sonas, sensory/aroma therapy, pet therapy, pamper time, 1:1 sessions, men & ladies pampering
- Social – Parties, barbecues, outings, weekly coffee mornings, knitting groups, reading of daily newspapers and discussion group, quiz and trivia groups, hoops, baking, tea parties, food and craft fair
- Fitness – Indoor ball games and armchair exercises
- Community – Social outings, volunteers support and involvement, parties, community events, charity events
- Creative – Arts & crafts groups, gardening and flower arranging
- Spiritual – Weekly Roman Catholic Mass and Rosary. Regular Church of Ireland Services
- Festivities – All festive days, birthdays and holidays are celebrated.
Curam Connect App
The Curam Connect app is a secure family engagement tool where we provide updates to family members of residents, and where relatives and friends can send in photos and videos to their loved one, ensuring memories can be shared and relationships maintained.
Click Here to download App for Android
Click Here to download App for Apple
If you are at the stage of considering a nursing home in Cork, for either yourself or a loved one please feel free to give us a call.
We believe each person is unique and special and we strive to maintain the highest standards of person centred care, in partnership with our residents and their loved ones.
Curam Care Home Carrigaline,
T: 021 2037810
To arrange a visit, get further information or want to enquire about availability, please contact us.