- Our Team
- Buildings and Gardens
Creating a home is at the heart of what we do
Set just outside Wicklow Town and adjacent to the Primary Care Centre with beautifully landscaped gardens, Knockrobin Hill Care Home is a new and modern, purpose built luxury nursing home. With new and modern facilities and a wide range of services and recreational activities, Knockrobin Hill Care Home is building a strong reputation for excellence and offers a haven of tranquility. Whether its catching up with family or friends in the sitting room or listening to music in our bar, there is something for everyone in Knockrobin Hill.
Make your home with us in Knockrobin Hill Care Home, Wicklow.
Download our Brochure
Welcome Message from our Director of Nursing, Simi Ann Nelson
The staff and management in Knockrobin Hill Care Home are committed to providing and developing ongoing excellence in care for our residents. Our vision is to enhance the quality of life for each resident by promoting his or her independence as long as possible. We aim to deliver exceptional person-centred care in a home where they remain active in their social, spiritual, and recreational activities, connected to their family, friends and wider community.
Director of Nursing, Simi Ann Nelson
Director of Nursing
M.Sc (MH), B.Sc, RGN
Nursing Home: Knockrobin Hill Care Home
Nursing Home Address: Port Road, Wicklow
Simi is a qualified registered nurse with experience in the acute settings and has over 15 years of managerial experience in residential care settings in Ireland. She has held posts as Assistant Director of Nursing and as Director of Nursing and has worked closely with The Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland, Community Healthcare Organisations and HSE.
With a BSc in Nursing, a Masters in Mental Health from Trinity College Dublin, Fetac Level 6 Certificate in Managing People and Health and Safety at Work, Simi brings a wealth of practical experience to her role of Director of Nursing.
Simi’s area of professional interest include clinical governance, leadership and staff development. Simi is passionate about dementia specific care with a person-centred approach, holistic approach to care of the older person, and establishing a Positive Work Environment.
Assistant Director of Nursing
Nimya Srambikudy Baby
Mithun Vincent Kannath
Accounts Receivable Administator
Facilities and Gardens
- 99 ensuite bedrooms (all single)
- Choice of Sitting Areas ranging from private and quiet to lively and active
- Visitors room
- State of the Art Kitchen
- Piano Bar
- IT Facilities and Internet Access
- Landscaped Gardens and Walks
- Hairdressing Salon with Visiting Hairdresser
- Smoking area (residents only)
Each bedroom features:
- Nurse Call facility linked to Nurses Station
- Ensuites with Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Flat Screen TV
- Telephone points
We would encourage all residents to bring whatever personal touches from home that makes their room feel like their home eg pictures, ornaments etc
In Curam Care Homes, we are constantly striving to provide the widest possible selection of services based on what our residents are telling us.
Some of the services we provide in Knockrobin Hill Care Home are as follows:
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- Full Medical Care with On Call GP Services
- Physiotherapist Services
- OT Services
- Activity Programs with our own Activities Teams
- Alternative Therapies such as Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology
- Religious Services
We are very fortunate in Curam Care Homes to have a specific Activities Team in each home that works in collaboration with our OT and Physio and the Activities Teams in all our homes to share ideas and produce comprehensive and holistic activity programmes for our residents. Our ethos is to encourage residents to do as much as they would like and are able to do for as long as that is possible.
Activity and Social Program:
All activities are matched to the level of ability of our residents using our Key to Me Assessment
- Entertainment – Music sessions with professional performers and local musicians, bingo, cards, board games, movie afternoons, sing-a-longs, residents choir, pub night
- Therapies – Life story books, reminiscence therapy, Sonas, sensory/aroma therapy, pet therapy, pamper time, 1:1 sessions, men & ladies pampering
- Social – Parties, barbecues, outings, weekly coffee mornings, knitting groups, reading of daily newspapers and discussion group, quiz and trivia groups, hoops, baking, tea parties, food and craft fair
- Fitness – Indoor ball games and armchair exercises
- Community – Social outings, volunteers support and involvement, parties, community events, charity events
- Creative – Arts & crafts groups, gardening and flower arranging
- Spiritual – Weekly Roman Catholic Mass and Rosary. Regular Church of Ireland Services
- Festivities – All festive days, birthdays and holidays are celebrated.
In Curam Care Homes, we have launched our “Curam Connect” app which is a secure family engagement tool to both help us provide updates to family members of residents and also where relatives can send in photos and videos to their loved one, ensuring memories can be shared and relationships maintained.
Click Here to download App for Android
Click Here to download App for Apple
If you are at the stage of considering a nursing home in Wicklow, for either yourself or a loved one please feel free to give us a call.
We believe each person is unique and special and we strive to maintain the highest standards of person centred care, in partnership with our residents and their loved ones.
Knockrobin Hill Care Home,
E: [email protected]
If you would like to arrange a visit, get further information or want to enquire about availability, please contact us.