- Our Team
- Buildings and Gardens
Creating a home is at the heart of what we do
Set in a rural environment with 8 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, close to both Courtown Harbour and Gorey, Oakfield Nursing Home is a modern, purpose built luxury nursing home.
With modern facilities and a wide range of services and recreational activities, Oakfield Nursing Home has built a strong reputation for excellence and offers a haven of tranquility.
Whether it’s catching up with family or friends in the sitting room or listening to music in our bar, there’s something for everyone in Oakfield.
Welcome Message from our Director of Nursing, Spergeon Franklin Jeyarathinam
A warm welcome to Oakfield Nursing Home. It is a venue to make friends and to relate to the community. Our Nursing home is a home away from and we offer wide ranges of services to cater for your care needs. If you are considering Nursing home care, then visit us and you will feel at home.
Director of Nursing, Spergeon Franklin Jeyarathinam
Spergeon Franklin Jeyarathinam
Director of Nursing
Msc ( Professional Practice ) , PG ( Gerentological Nursing ) Msc ( Professional Practice ) , PG ( Gerentological Nursing )
Nursing Home: Oakfield Nursing Home
Nursing Home Address: Ballinakill, Courtown, Gorey, Co Wexford
Spergeon is a qualified registered nurse with experience in Accident and Emergency and in residential care settings in Ireland. He has held posts as Assistant Director of Nursing and as Director of Nursing. He specializes in change management and has worked closely with Community Health organisation and HSE.
With a BSc in Nursing, a Masters in Professional Practice in Nursing from University of South Wales , United Kingdom,QQI Level 6 – Leadership in Nursing Home managment , Manual and People moving and Handling Trainer, Spergeon brings a wealth of practical experience to his role of Director of Nursing.
Spergeon’s area of professional interest include clinical governance, leadership and staff development. Spergeon is passionate about patient centered care, holistic approach to care of the older person, and establishing a Positive Work Environment.
Assistant Director of Nursing
Hayley O` Brien
Accounts Receivable Administator
Reception & Admin Support
Reception & Admin Support
Facilities and Gardens
- 91 ensuite rooms – (49 single and 21 twin)
- Choice of Sitting Areas ranging from private and quiet to lively and active
- Visitors room with Coffee Machine
- Oratory with Visiting Clergy
- State of the Art Kitchen
- Fully stocked library
- Piano Bar
- IT Facilities and Internet Access
- Art Studio
- Landscaped Gardens and Walks
- Large Enclosed Gardens
- Hairdressing Salon with Visiting Hairdresser
- Smoking area (residents only)
Each bedroom features:
- Nurse Call facility linked to Nurses Station
- Ensuites with Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Flat Screen TV
We would encourage all residents to bring whatever personal touches from home that makes their room feel like their home eg pictures, ornaments etc
In Curam Care Homes, we are constantly striving to provide the widest possible selection of services based on what our residents are telling us.
Some of the services we provide in Oakfield Nursing Home are as follows:
24 Hour Nursing Care
Full Medical Care with On Call GP Services
Occupational Therapist Services
Activity Programs with our own Activities Teams
Exercise classes with our visiting Physical Therapist
Alternative Therapies such as Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology
Religious Services in our Oratory
Dental and Optical Services
We are very fortunate in Curam Care Homes to have a specific Activities Team in each home that works in collaboration with our OT and Physio and the Activities Teams in all our homes to share ideas and produce comprehensive and holistic activity programmes for our residents.
Activity and Social Program:
All activities are matched to the level of ability of our residents using our Key to Me Assessment
- Entertainment – Music sessions with professional performers and local musicians, bingo, cards, board games, movie afternoons, sing-a-longs, pub nights.
- Therapies – Life story books, reminiscence therapy, Sonas, sensory/aroma therapy, pet therapy, pamper time, 1:1 sessions, music therapy, mindfulness and colour therapy
- Social – Parties, barbecues, outings, weekly coffee mornings, knitting groups, reading of daily newspapers and discussion group, quiz and trivia groups, hoops, word games
- Fitness – Indoor ball games, armchair exercises, chair yoga and exercise group sessions with our physiotherapist
- Community – Social outings, volunteers support and involvement, parties, community events
- Creative – Arts & crafts groups and gardening
- Spiritual – Weekly Roman Catholic Mass and Rosary. Regular Church of Ireland Services. Methodist Services
- Festivities – All festive days, birthdays and holidays are celebrated. Musical entertainment every Bank Holiday.
If you are at the stage of considering a nursing home in Wexford for either yourself or a loved one, please feel free to give us a call.
We believe each person is unique and special and we strive to maintain the highest standards of person centred care, in partnership with our residents and their loved ones.
Oakfield Nursing Home,
Tel: 053 9425679
Email: [email protected]
If you would like to arrange a visit, get further information or want to enquire about availability, please call us on 053 942 5679